Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Rosh R Nair <ro...@home.com> on 2001/06/22 19:33:31 UTC

Beginner question : Client throwing AbstractMethodError

Hi all,
  I was trying out the Java World tutorial on soap. I am trying out with
Tomcat 3.2 and Soap 2.2. But when I try to run a sample program which just
returns a string I am getting an error:
Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
Fault String = java.lang.AbstractMethodError

The client is not able to knock the server. Can anyone help me out to solve
this problem.

Thanks in advance
Rosh Nair

Rosh R Nair,
1901, Halford Avenue, Apt#183,
Santa Clara, California, USA - 95051.

Ph (H) : 408-985-5512
roshrnair@yahoo.com
roshrnair@home.com

RE: Beginner question : Client throwing AbstractMethodError

Posted by Rosh R Nair <ro...@home.com>.
Hi,
 I am trying with your configifuration but for me the OS is Win 2000. Now I
have a different error. When I run the Tomcat i am getting
XmlMapper: Can't find method setDescription in Wrapper(rpcrouter null) CLASS
cla
ss org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper

but the webserver is working fine.

But when i try to run the address book example i am getting the following
error:

This test assumes a server URL of
http://localhost:8080/apache-soap/servlet/rpcr
outer
Deploying the addressbook service...
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Protocol;
msg=Unsu
pported response content type "text/html", must be: "text/xml". Response
was:
<h1>Error: 404</h1>
<h2>Location: /soap/servlet/rpcrouter</h2>File Not
Found<br>/soap/servlet/rpcrou
ter
]
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.getEnvelopeString(Call.java:175)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:212)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManag
erClient.java:129)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClie
nt.java:142)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient
.java:230)

Did u encounter this problem?

Thanks
Rosh

Posted by Rosh R Nair <ro...@home.com>.
Hi,
	Yes, u r right. Tomcat 3.1.1 is working perfectly with me too.

Thanks
Rosh Nair

--
Se-yong, Um
Republic of Korea

Posted by Rosh R Nair <ro...@home.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Rosh R Nair <ro...@home.com>.
Hi,
  The TCP Tunnel/Monitor is working properly now. Plese help me in debugging
this output.

The XML generated by the client is as follows:
POST /mysoap/servlet/rpcrouter HTTP/1.0
Host: localhost
SOAPAction: ""
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:sayHelloTo xmlns:ns1="rsh.hello"
<name xsi:type="xsd:string">Rosh</name>
</ns1:sayHelloTo>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

The server's response is:
-------------------------
HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error
Set-Cookie2: JSESSIONID=dsqde992o1;Version=1;Discard;Path="/mysoap"
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=dsqde992o1;Path=/mysoap
Servlet-Engine: Tomcat Web Server/3.2.2 (JSP 1.1; Servlet 2.2; Java 1.3.0;
Windows 2000 5.0 x86; java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.)
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<SOAP-ENV:Fault>
<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:</faultcode>
<faultstring>java.lang.AbstractMethodError</faultstring>
<faultactor>/mysoap/servlet/rpcrouter</faultactor>
</SOAP-ENV:Fault>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Is their anything missing in the client request?

Thanks
Rosh Nair

Posted by "Javier A. Soltero" <ja...@covalent.net>.
Rosh,

Posted by "Javier A. Soltero" <ja...@covalent.net>.
Rosh,

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Rosh,

Since you have the TcpTunnelGui tool listening on port 80 (and forwarding to
what I assume is your IP address and port 8080),  and Apache is listening on
port 8080, you need to direct your clients at port 80.

You need to make the resources of your service available on your server's
classpath. Whether you do that by copying it into some WebApp's classes
directory, or by adding a classpath entry, is up to you.

Thanks,
-Matt

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Rosh,