Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by zack1403 <za...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/09 22:50:29 UTC

TransformationException/ClassNotFoundException

Hi All,

Im getting a very wierd error that isnt very descriptive.  When just loading
this page: http://pastebin.com/m141bdd4d, I get this error:
http://pastebin.com/m5f42dd31.

If I refresh the error page I get a new error: http://pastebin.com/m1859133b

Removing the ContactUpload property seems to make it work but so does
commenting out line 33.  The error just doesnt seem to make sense to me.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Zack

Re: TransformationException/ClassNotFoundException

Posted by zack1403 <za...@gmail.com>.
Actually I found an unlikely workaround (for my case at least).  All I did
was move the entire ContactUpload property to the top of the class.  For
whatever reason the error went away.  I am really not familiar with
Javassist but at least there is a workaround to this.  Of course I am open
to any solution that would prevent this in the future.

Zack

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.

Posted by zack1403 <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.

Posted by zack1403 <za...@gmail.com>.
Peter,

Thanks for the suggestions!  The error came back after I continued building
that page and one of your methods did work.  I tried upgrading javassist but
that didnt relieve the error and I am using jetty through eclipse with no
try/catch blocks.  Finally I removed the block of my code that seemed to be
erroring out into a private method and everything works fine.  Obviously not
ideal but it will work until t5(or javassist) is a bit more stable in this
area.  Thanks!

Zack