Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl> on 2002/03/25 18:51:17 UTC

RE: J2EEDescriptorsStore in tomcat4.03-LE-jdk14

Ok, concerning your specific problem, since you are saying you have it
working in another tomcat 4.0 setup, this may not be your problem. Any case
the thread I am referring to and the most salient message in it is here :

http://www.mail-archive.com/slide-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg01500.html

If you are running Slide in webapp mode, this will not apply.

Now, the only thing I can think of is the fact that Sun changed the
java.sql.Connection interface in jdk1.4. What method do you use to
initialize your datasources ?

rgdrs,
/U.

Well, I do NOT have the same problem when using tomcat4.0.3 and JDK1.3. In
that
configuration, I can successfully settup the jdbc datasource and
J2EEDescriptorsStore
working.
This problem only happen when I use tomcat4.0.3-LE-jdk14. I doubt there was
discussion about it a few months back (no jdk14 yet), but I will search it
anyway.
Am I missing sth?
Thanks.
Jiantao