Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by radha_mit <Ra...@ivycomptech.com> on 2010/05/25 06:33:35 UTC

ActiveMQ message loss on failover

We have a cluster of 2 activeMQ brokers and the clients connect it using
failover protocol.
We don t  have any parameter in the failover protocol. ( Only the IP's of
two brokers)

The producer and consumer are started and after some time one of the broker
is crashed., The clients failover to the other broker and run until we stop
the test.

The messages are non persistent.

We see message loss during failover time. Is it expected or can we prevent
message loss ?
The website says message loss = 0.

Please help us on what config we need to make ?

Thanks,
D.Radhakrishnan

Re: ActiveMQ message loss on failover

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
use alwaysSendSync or use transacted sessions.

On 25 May 2010 05:33, radha_mit <Ra...@ivycomptech.com> wrote:

> We have a cluster of 2 activeMQ brokers and the clients connect it using
> failover protocol.
> We don t  have any parameter in the failover protocol. ( Only the IP's of
> two brokers)
>
> The producer and consumer are started and after some time one of the broker
> is crashed., The clients failover to the other broker and run until we stop
> the test.
>
> The messages are non persistent.
>
> We see message loss during failover time. Is it expected or can we prevent
> message loss ?
> The website says message loss = 0.
>
> Please help us on what config we need to make ?
>
> Thanks,
> D.Radhakrishnan

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration