Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com> on 2003/11/01 19:23:57 UTC

Publishing in default publication

Hello List,

it's the publishing problem again.

I tried to:

- Go to http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya/default/authoring/doctypes.html
- Login as user lenya
- submit the doctypes.html doc
- publish doctypes.html
- Go to http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya/default/live/doctypes.html
(Note that user lenya needs reviewer rights to publish docs)

The doc is not published.

The file sitetree.xml in live directory gets updated. If you have a look
to the attached log file, you will see that the ant task tries to wget
http://localhost:8080/doctypes.html and this file is not existing.
What is wrong in my setup? I expected the file
http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya/default/live/doctypes.html
being copied to live area.

--
Rolf Kulemann

If this fortune didn't exist, somebody would have invented it.

PGP/GPG public key:
	 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6B4EA7EA

Re: Publishing in default publication

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.
On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 11:38, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >>(Note that user lenya needs reviewer rights to publish docs)
>
> Only the user "roger" is in the reviewer group.
> The idea behind this was to demonstrate the principle
> of different privileges for different users.

I know. It was just a hint, that the user lenya doesn't has the rights.

--
Rolf Kulemann

For your penance, say five Hail Marys and one loud BLAH!

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

[...]

>>(Note that user lenya needs reviewer rights to publish docs)

Only the user "roger" is in the reviewer group.
The idea behind this was to demonstrate the principle
of different privileges for different users.

>>The doc is not published.

It was a bug, the "sources" parameter was wrong.
I fixed it. Thanks for reporting!

-- Andreas

Re: Publishing in default publication

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.
On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 20:44, Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> I think the problem is in the file pubs/default/config/targets.xml.
> So, why is the published doc not copied to live area by the task?
> It works fine in blog publication. Where is the difference to default
> publication?

I now have modified the publish ant target. All files are published now,
which is of course not a good solution, too. The trick is now only to
copy the current file to live area.....
I think, if this is easy, it would have been implemented already.

Mhh, I'm getting closer to Lenya ....

--
Rolf Kulemann

"Power corrupts.  Absolute power is kind of neat"
		-- John Lehman, Secretary of the Navy 1981-1987

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.
On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 19:23, Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> it's the publishing problem again.
>
> I tried to:
>
> - Go to http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya/default/authoring/doctypes.html
> - Login as user lenya
> - submit the doctypes.html doc
> - publish doctypes.html
> - Go to http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya/default/live/doctypes.html
> (Note that user lenya needs reviewer rights to publish docs)
>
> The doc is not published.
>
> The file sitetree.xml in live directory gets updated. If you have a look
> to the attached log file, you will see that the ant task tries to wget
> http://localhost:8080/doctypes.html and this file is not existing.
> What is wrong in my setup? I expected the file
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya/default/live/doctypes.html
> being copied to live area.

I think the problem is in the file pubs/default/config/targets.xml.
I that file the ant task executed when publishing a doc is defined. I
have adjusted the variable export.server to get rid of the wget
exceptions. The publish task first should copy files from authoring to
live area which DOES NOT HAPPEN. After that a static HTML export is done
which works fine now.

So, why is the published doc not copied to live area by the task?
It works fine in blog publication. Where is the difference to default
publication?

--
Rolf Kulemann

Travel important today; Internal Revenue men arrive tomorrow.