Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Brice Figureau <br...@daysofwonder.com> on 2017/11/10 09:20:27 UTC

Incremental repairs after a migration?

Hi,

I'm running 3.0.15 in a 3 nodes cluster with RF=3.
This is a brand new cluster, on which I plan to migrate data from
another 3.0.15 cluster running in another environments (taking a
snapshot and sstableloader those sstables to the new cluster).

The original cluster had been migrated to incremental repairs when I
moved it to 3.0.

Should I need to perform again a full repair after migrating or is
running daily incremental enough?

Thanks!
--
Brice Figureau

Re: Incremental repairs after a migration?

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.
you can get away with loading from only one node if you're positive all
data is consistent. A repair prior to loading should be enough, but if that
doesn't work just load from all nodes.

Posted by Brice Figureau <br...@daysofwonder.com>.

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.