Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Uli Mayring <ul...@denic.de> on 2000/07/26 23:48:54 UTC

auth taglib ready

Hi all,

a (very) first version of my auth taglib is ready. Presently it
authenticates against a database and that's it. I hope to get some space
soon so I can put it up. Meanwhile, if anyone wants it, drop me a short
note and I mail it out. It includes docs (Yeah!) and a sample.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung

Re: auth taglib ready

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@supereva.it>.
Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Is the auth TagLib designed to "protect" a whole document, or just a
> section of it?

Currently a whole document, but I plan to do sections as well.

> ie. if you have the correct authentication, you can see more of the
> document than if you do not have the authentication.
>
> What do you think?

Yes, I want to do that, but XML is not a database. So when you get to
the point, where you store your employees' addresses in an XML file and
let everyone edit his and only his address in that file, then you should
really think about a database :)

> The problem I see with this would be having to make your data XML documents
> into XSP, with all the problems of the 64K limit.

Perhaps XSP can be redesigned to avoid this limit. In my mind this is
very important to fix.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Re: auth taglib ready

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
At 23:48 +0200 26/07/00, Uli Mayring wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>a (very) first version of my auth taglib is ready. Presently it
>authenticates against a database and that's it. I hope to get some space
>soon so I can put it up. Meanwhile, if anyone wants it, drop me a short
>note and I mail it out. It includes docs (Yeah!) and a sample.

well done!

One question ...

Is the auth TagLib designed to "protect" a whole document, or just a
section of it?

I was thinking recently of a TagLib (or XSLT Extension ?) that could
protect individual fragments of a document.

ie. if you have the correct authentication, you can see more of the
document than if you do not have the authentication.

What do you think?

The problem I see with this would be having to make your data XML documents
into XSP, with all the problems of the 64K limit.

I wonder if an XSLT Extension could get around this?

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>