Posted to xml-commons-dev@xerces.apache.org by Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@bea.com> on 2006/04/01 01:29:09 UTC

RE: [PROPOSAL]: Upgrade XML Commons External to JAXP 1.4

Do you need to check them into your svn repository or a Maven
dependency, say, would be better? I would think in the later case, you
would just be using it the same way we do, which would be ok. But let's
find out, if we can do it quickly, if the current format is legal-wise
safe for your intended use.

Radu

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Radu Preotiuc-Pietro wrote:
> Do you need to check them into your svn repository or a Maven
> dependency, say, would be better? I would think in the later case, you
> would just be using it the same way we do, which would be ok. But let's
> find out, if we can do it quickly, if the current format is legal-wise
> safe for your intended use.

few months ago on request of Ron Benson (see below; it seems though he
no longer works in BEA?) i have put the jar file (jsr173_1.0_src.jar)
into StAX RI SVN repository at codehaus.

is it official enough for Apache XML purposes?

thanks,

alek

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Radu,

XML Commons External [1] maintains Apache-hosted sets of the SAX, DOM and
JAXP APIs. The StAX API sources would join them in SVN [2].

Thanks.

[1] http://xml.apache.org/commons/components/external/index.html
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml/commons/trunk/java/external/

Michael Glavassevich