Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org> on 2012/06/05 20:05:40 UTC

[WWW] A "New" look for /why pages

Hi *,

I converted the (ugly?) /why pages
http://www.openoffice.org/why/

to (ugly, but not that much) MarkDown files, you can see how it looks in
http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/why/new/

This is a temporary solution until we find someone that creates a new
design. If there are no complaints, I'll replace the old pages with the
new ones. It didn't modify the content, so feel free to do so and fix
any issue you find.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: [WWW] A "New" look for /why pages

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Tue, 2012-06-05 at 20:11 +0200, RGB ES wrote:
> 2012/6/5 Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>:
> > Hi *,
> >
> > I converted the (ugly?) /why pages
> > http://www.openoffice.org/why/
> >
> > to (ugly, but not that much) MarkDown files, you can see how it looks in
> > http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/why/new/
> >
> > This is a temporary solution until we find someone that creates a new
> > design. If there are no complaints, I'll replace the old pages with the
> > new ones. It didn't modify the content, so feel free to do so and fix
> > any issue you find.
> >

> > Regards
> > --
> > Ariel Constenla-Haile
> > La Plata, Argentina
>
> The new version look a lot better (and do not deserve being called "ugly" ;) )
>
> +1 for me

I agree that is a very nice update.. good work. Another +1 to have you
make the switch.

//drew

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Jun 5, 2012, at 12:33 PM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 05.06.2012 um 20:05 schrieb Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>:
>
>> Hi *,
>>
>> I converted the (ugly?) /why pages
>> http://www.openoffice.org/why/
>>
>> to (ugly, but not that much) MarkDown files, you can see how it looks in
>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/why/new/
>>
>> This is a temporary solution until we find someone that creates a new
>> design. If there are no complaints, I'll replace the old pages with the
>> new ones. It didn't modify the content, so feel free to do so and fix
>> any issue you find.
>>

> +1 for the new page - it looks better from my point of view.

+100 from me. It's good to see the leftnav and nice clean pages.

The pictures are great!

Regards,
Dave

PS. I know I need to look into mdtext / templates for the main page, but am super busy with added responsibilities at $JOB. I may write some how to notes instead.

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Peter Junge <pe...@gmx.org>.
On 6/6/2012 2:05 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> I converted the (ugly?) /why pages
> http://www.openoffice.org/why/
>
> to (ugly, but not that much) MarkDown files, you can see how it looks in
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/why/new/

Great to see this improvement after all those years.
+1

Peter