Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Bill Haneman <Bi...@ireland.sun.com> on 2000/12/05 13:33:23 UTC

New image for text-whiteSpace-BE-06.png

Hi:

I have noticed a few regressions in
status.xml.  I can't comment on other effects,
but several of the reported text test results are
incorrect.

Most notable is the omission of
text-whiteSpace-BE-06 from our pass list.

The image on the apache site makes it look
as if we don't pass: that's because the BE test
source has a hack in it to explicitly position
some of the <text> elements, thus making the
result depend on the platform font metrics.
(I have reported this to the list before).

If the above workaround is removed and the
commented-out "correct" version of the test is
used, the image is correct.  I can send this
corrected image to whomever wants to update
the image on the apache web site.

I am also about to commit a new status.xml
document with these corrections, including
moving a couple of other text tests to the
"Close" list (where I had put them on my first
edit to status.xml, v1.4).  The regressions seems to have
happened in the reordering of test results
from version 1.5 to 1.6 of status.xml.

-Bill

------
Bill Haneman +353 1 8199279