Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Gareth Coltman <ga...@majorband.co.uk> on 2001/10/15 11:45:42 UTC

RE: [OT] infinite redirect detected...

There has been lengthy discussion about this in the archives.

Basically turbine does a redirect when a new user arrrives, to ensure that session tracking (either via cookies or url) is going to
work. If the redirect does not result in a valid existing session (ie the user could not be tracked) it throws this error.

We had this problem when users would move between webservers because our load balancer wasn't making sessions sticky.

Anyway - have a look in the archive.

Gareth