Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by cart2man <na...@mbreslow.net> on 2009/02/27 17:55:35 UTC

Network of Brokers Configuration

My application has two brokers and makes use both of distributed queues as
well as Topics.  Consumers of either queues or topics can connect to either
of the two brokers.

>From the network-of-brokers documentation, it seems that the recommendation
would be to configure two different networkConnectors - one to handle the
queues and another to handle the topics.  Did I get that right?  So, does
this make sense:

        <networkConnectors>
            <!-- Creating two broker connectors that each have different
configurations.
                 One will handle TOPICS and the other will handle QUEUES -->

            <!-- for the topic connector, use all of the defaults.
networkTTL needs to = the number of bkrs -->
            <networkConnector
uri="multicast://default?group=${activemq.ENV}"
                name="default-nc"
                networkTTL="2"
                dynamicOnly="false"
                conduitSubscriptions="true"
                decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="false">
                <excludedDestinations>
                        <queue physicalName=">"/>
                </excludedDestinations>
            </networkConnector>

            <!-- for the queue connector, adjust the configuration to
support distributed queues.
                 See http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html
                 networkTTL needs to = the number of bkrs -->
            <networkConnector
uri="multicast://default?group=${activemq.ENV}"
                name="queues_only"
                networkTTL="2"
                dynamicOnly="true"
                conduitSubscriptions="false"
                decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="false">
                <excludedDestinations>
                        <topic physicalName=">"/>
                </excludedDestinations>
            </networkConnector>

        </networkConnectors>

When I startup, I'm seeing this in the log which is concerning:
2009-02-27 11:31:23,359 [ Agent Notifier] WARN  DiscoveryNetworkConnector
- Could not connect to local URI: vm://null: VMTransportServer already bound
at: vm://null