Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2007/01/31 07:48:30 UTC

Too many emails from Daisy

Although the title of this email might look like spam, it's not spam but
it is about spam :)

It seems that Daisy is sending changes emails over and over again to the
docs mailing list. Does anyone know why and more important how to stop this?

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: Too many emails from Daisy

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 07:54 +0100, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > Although the title of this email might look like spam, it's not spam but
> > it is about spam :)
> >
> > It seems that Daisy is sending changes emails over and over again to the
> > docs mailing list. Does anyone know why
>
> yes, whenever it is restarted, the mail queue is worked off again. I guess it is
> a bug of the particular milestone release that we use as I don't see this
> behaviour in my company's Daisy instances which run on Daisy 1.5.1.
>
> > and more important how to stop this?
>
> no idea, I would do it if I had an idea. Bruno?

As Steven pointed out, it's probably some problem caused by ActiveMQ
resending messages.

I'd suggest you (or I) stop the repository server, drop the tables in
the activemq database, and restart the repository server. The problem
will probably re-occur after a while, but at least this should remove
most of the problem for now.

I don't think upgrading Daisy will change much about this problem, we'll
have a closer look at it in the next days/week.

Re: Too many emails from Daisy

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Since Bruno is the main author of Daisy he's definitly the quickest when it
> comes to track down a problem. But this doesn't mean that he is the only one.
> Apart fromo the Outerthought guys at least Helma, Ross and I have been using it
> in our projects and have a good working knowledge from a user's POV.
>
> Daisy is very well documented and doing an upgrade is usually only following a
> list of instructions (after doing a backup), e.g.
> http://cocoondev.org/daisydocs-1_5/13/327.html. After looking at this document I
> think that this particular upgrade should be very easy as there are no changes
> in the data model.

Ah great, didn't know all that - this makes me sleep better again :)

So, what about updating?

Carsten

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: Too many emails from Daisy

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Steven Noels wrote:
> On 31 Jan 2007, at 08:00, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> I'm more worried that it seems that
>> Bruno is the only one who is able to help us with Daisy problems.
>
> We're experiencing similar, presumably related problems so a fix in
> Daisy is imminent. The Daisy install for Cocoon however is perfectly
> maintainable by a number of Cocoon folks without our assistance. It's
> open source after all, and there's loads of documentation.

That's great; I had a different impression til today, but Reinhard's
response already proved me wrong :(

Carsten

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 31 Jan 2007, at 08:00, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> I'm more worried that it seems that
> Bruno is the only one who is able to help us with Daisy problems.

We're experiencing similar, presumably related problems so a fix in
Daisy is imminent. The Daisy install for Cocoon however is perfectly
maintainable by a number of Cocoon folks without our assistance. It's
open source after all, and there's loads of documentation.

</Steven>
Outerthought                              Open Source Java & XML
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: Too many emails from Daisy

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.