Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Allan Zarsuela <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/10 06:12:35 UTC

Integration Issues(REST/SOAP) for the latest version 16.11 release in SVN

Hi OFBiz Dev/Admin Team,

Good day! Currently, most of my concern is to integrate our company system
OFBiz Accounting module. I am following the tutorial but I am currently
experiencing bugs/bottlenecks such as in connecting to a legacy db and the
the SOAP RPC example integration with LifeRay(https://cwiki.apache.
org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Calling+OFBiz+services+from+Liferay+using+SOAP).
I am missing the correct jars. As I see there are deprecated tutorials, I
don't know which one will fit the release 16.11 svn release. For this, I
created an issue in stackoverflow.com which is
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45569501/how-to-pass-dat
a-from-a-remote-database-into-ofbiz-database

Now, I am trying the REST approach in https://cwiki.apache.org/confl
uence/display/OFBIZ/REST+Service+Implementation

As a summary, I am passing payment info from a separate JSF application
towards OFBiz Accounting module. So as I look in the OFBiz documentation,
there are several ways... 1. By reading XML file 2. Via connecting to a
legacy db 3. By SOAP RPC 4. Via REST. So the tutorials from 2,3,4 methods
are very limited and missing details. And I don't know even it works in the
latest version of 16.11 updated svn link.

Platform Summary:

Eclipse Oxygen(OFBiz)
Netbeans IDE(Remote Application/Our PrimeFace-JSF application)
Ubuntu 16.04
For SOAP RPC client :
     -jaxrpc-api-1.1.jar
     -wsdl4j.jar
     -axis-1.4.jar
     -commons-discovery-0.5.jar

I hope you can help me find the necessary tutorial for the integration.
Thanks a lot!

*Allan L. Zarsuela*

Re: Integration Issues(REST/SOAP) for the latest version 16.11 release in SVN

Posted by Allan Zarsuela <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nicholas and Michael,

Thank you for your response! The basic requirement is to push the values
from a real estate application necessary for OFBiz accounting.So obviously
this requires web services triggered in client remote app(real estate
property manager) controller action(per payment) or in it's schedule
jobs(passing payment data by bulk). Then I checked some tutorial of OFBiz
about web services: It includes this example of legacy db as datasource;
the next one is using Axis to access via rpc wsdl to access the OFBiz
webservice. I was also trying to do the REST where in I would create a
resource POJOs in a OFBiz customize component, but it was not clear yet for
me.

Lately, I was able to make the Axis2 web service via creating a client
program to insert record to OFBiz accounting tables.
I followed this tutorial
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=9798255.

So at first, I was just trying out how to make a simple connection via web
service following OFBiz Documentation
to trace how creating a payment transaction works. I am still have to check
deeper in using ECA and JMS.
But as of now, I already tested inserting record for payment, person, fixed
asset via Axis2 web service client.

Regards,

--
*Allan L. Zarsuela*

*Software Developer*

Re: Integration Issues(REST/SOAP) for the latest version 16.11 release in SVN

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Allan,

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hi Allan,

I look your issue on Stackoverflow and I not understand what you tried
to do with the legacy-db.

How you connect on this db, where is define the data model relative to
this db. Do you define some crud service relative to entities that you
want to expose ?

Nicolas

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Please Nicolas, this should be on user ML only

Thanks

Jacques

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hi Allan,