Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> on 2005/10/28 01:10:59 UTC

auto providing maven properties in ant attributes

(posted to dev by muscle memory, please ignore that one)

Hi

Just wondering if anything is ongoing to automatically provide a
mapping from maven injected properties to ant attributes.
I've done a little work on the xdoclet plugin on my machine that
means instead of providing the following:

            <configuration>
               <tasks>
                 <ejbdoclet destdir="${project.build.directory}/
generated-sources/xdoclet" ejbspec="2.1">
                   <fileset dir="${basedir}/src/main/java"
includes="**/*Bean.java"/>
                   <entitycmp destDir="$
{project.build.outputDirectory}"/>
                   <deploymentdescriptor destdir="$
{project.build.directory}/generated-sources/xdoclet"/>
                   <remoteinterface/>
                   <homeinterface/>
                 </ejbdoclet>
               </tasks>
             </configuration>

we can write:

            <configuration>
               <tasks>
                 <ejbdoclet ejbspec="2.1">
                   <fileset includes="**/*Bean.java"/>
                   <entitycmp/>
                   <deploymentdescriptor/>
                   <remoteinterface/>
                   <homeinterface/>
                 </ejbdoclet>
               </tasks>
             </configuration>

The code I have would easily refactor into the ant run plugin, but
obviously I don't want to double up if stuff
is already happening - seem to remember John was looking at this area.

- Ashley

[m2] Re: xdoclet and ant and xjc

Posted by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com>.
Actually a change of plan. I'm going to implement the functionality
in the xjc plugin so that
there will be a second goal which goes straight through to the nested
ant tag. Don't want
to tinker with the wildly popular xdoclet plugin at this stage.

Last chance to stop me if somebody is already doing something similar!

- AW