Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kevin Andryc <ka...@miser.umass.edu> on 2002/06/27 18:05:37 UTC

Authentication Example in Tomcat

I was just wondering where I can find more information about the security
example found in Tomcat 4.0
(TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/examples/jsp/security/protected). I am not sure I
understand how it works. In the <FORM> element it calls "j_security_check".
Is this something unique to Tomcat? Also, I looked at some documentation on
Realms. How would I go about having a user register with a username and
password in which the password will be encrypted in a database and then when
the user logs in, have the password he/she typed in get validated versus the
encrypted password in my database. Thanks for the help!

Sincerely,
Kevin

Kevin Andryc
Web Systems Engineer