Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Adam Monsen <ha...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/03 23:12:20 UTC

GUI client hangs trying to start remote test

Not sure why. Server is running on port 10130; I can telnet to that
port successfully.

My issue seems similar to this poster:
http://tinyurl.com/3k6r8p

Any ideas?

2008/10/03 15:33:20 ERROR - jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine:
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 75.149.167.25;
nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

Full stacktrace: http://pastey.net/97459

--
Adam Monsen

Re: GUI client hangs trying to start remote test

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 07/10/2008, Adam Monsen <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:00 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >> Ok, I noticed the server was trying to connect *back* to the client on
>  >>  a high TCP port. I opened this port and now I can run JMeter tests
>  >>  remotely. Does it make sense that the server needs a direct connection
>  >>  back to the client? I don't remember reading about this in the JMeter
>  >>  user manual.
>  >
>  > Yes, the return connection is a feature of how RMI works.
>

> I have a lot to learn about RMI, but after a little bit of digging I
>  think that connecting directly to the client is only necessary if you
>  want to do make RMI calls *from* the server. I gather JMeter does.

I suspect that is how the sample results are returned.

Maybe if you did not have any listeners in the test plan (and no -l
flag on the GUI command-line) the test would work without allowing the
back-channel. But it would not be very useful...

>  > If you can suggest where best to put this info in the JMeter docs -
>  > i.e. where you would go looking for it - I'll add it.
>

> Remote Testing -> Tips (section 15.2 in the v2.3.2 user's manual)
>  would be a good place.

OK.

>  Thank you!
>
>  Some links, for my own reference: