Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Matthew Posey <mp...@hotmail.com> on 2005/03/18 01:58:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache stability

I recently had to scrap my server and start from scratch (conflict issues with
the hd and motherboard). I've rebuilt the server mostly but I have been unable
to maintain my domain name. The address is supposed to be http://asgp.engr.uaf.
edu  sporadically I can access the web site but not consistently. Alternatively
if I put in the IP address 137.229.76.154 I am always able to access. The
problem recently became stranger because now I am able to access the website
just using http://asgp . This seems inexplicable to me because I've checked
every file I can think of where I might give this command and I have not found
any such directive (e.g. resolv.conf, hosts, dhclient.conf, network, httpd.conf)
I am pretty much out of ideas and confused, especially with the recent change to
the situation, if anyone has suggestions or leads I'd appreciate the help.

System is Mandrake 10.0
Apache 2.0.53

Thanks in advance

Re: [users@httpd] Apache stability

Posted by Scott Gifford <sg...@suspectclass.com>.
Matthew Posey <mp...@hotmail.com> writes:

> I recently had to scrap my server and start from scratch (conflict issues with
> the hd and motherboard). I've rebuilt the server mostly but I have been unable
> to maintain my domain name. The address is supposed to be http://asgp.engr.uaf.
> edu  sporadically I can access the web site but not consistently. Alternatively
> if I put in the IP address 137.229.76.154 I am always able to
> access.

Could it be a DNS problem?  That domain doesn't resolve for me.

----ScottG.