Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dávið Klein Sundsskarð <ds...@amc.dk> on 2010/11/12 11:57:58 UTC

Read messages from custom locations

Hi,

We have  an existing application that we are converting to Tapestry. Column names in the db and their labels are saved in definition files outside of Tapestry. We are using the labels all over the app, and it would be a pain to move it all to properties files as the maintenance of labels then would be in two places. (the labels are not only used in the Tapestry app)

I was wondering if it is possible to add a handler to Tapestry, that will be executed in the chain of message lookups. (eg. first app.properties overridden by component.prop and then my custom lookup thing) Or is there some service that I should advise?

The handling of messages looks rather internal from here...

We are using 5.2.2

/David