Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ilya Zavorin <iz...@caci.com> on 2011/12/13 19:40:56 UTC

highlighter: how can I get locations of fragments?

I know how to get relevant highlighted fragments together with some surrounding text using Lucene highlighter, namely, using

	Highlighter highlighter = new Highlighter(scorer);
	String[] fragments = highlighter.getBestFragments(stream, fieldContents, fragmentNumber);

But can I instead get pointers to these fragments in the original contents? In other words, I need to know where these fragments start and, if possible, end.

Thanks,

Ilya Zavorin

Re: highlighter: how can I get locations of fragments?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Subject: highlighter: how can I get locations of fragments?

https://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack
Thread Hijacking on Mailing Lists

When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to
an existing message, instead start a fresh email.  Even if you change the
subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread
you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less
attention.   It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives
particularly difficult.

-Hoss