Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Danny Chan <da...@apache.org> on 2021/03/11 06:27:36 UTC

Re: Upgrade calcite version

Hi Sheng ~

It is a hard work to upgrade Calcite version because that means you need to:

- Fix all the bug introduced by the new planner
- Fix all the logical plan to have correct semantics
- Replace the deprecate APIs to new

In order to achieve this, you need to have good knowledge of Calcite basic
and SQL planning (the relational algebra) that really few people have,
so i would not suggest to do that at all for yourself.

What is the purpose to must upgrade Calcite, can you share something ~

Best,
Danny Chan

盛森林 <la...@qq.com> 于2021年2月4日周四 下午10:47写道:

Re: Upgrade calcite version

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yes, as Danny said, it is very hard work...

A suggestion is that you can cherry-pick some bugfixs from the new Calcite
version to your own internal Calcite branch, if you just want to fix some
bugs.

Best,
Jingsong

--