Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Simon Chemouil <sc...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/20 10:03:18 UTC

Sending BLOBs to Cassandra +

Hi,

I read in Cassandra's FAQ that it is fine with BLOBs up to 64MB. Here am
I trying to send a 1.6MB BLOB using CQL and Cassandra rejects my query
with the following message:
Caused by: com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.InvalidQueryException:
Request is too big: length 409600086 exceeds maximum allowed length
268435456.

Is there a better way than CQL to send BLOBS? Is there a way to concat
them so that I can use several queries of the right size to upload my
BLOB? I'd like to be able to send BLOBs up to 20MB.

Thanks!

--
Simon

Re: Sending BLOBs to Cassandra +

Posted by Simon Chemouil <sc...@gmail.com>.
So looks like I was sending more than I expected. Still the question
stands: is CQL the best way to send BLOBs? Are there any remote
operations available on BLOBs?

Thanks,
Simon