Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hamid Rahman Mohmand <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/12 06:38:28 UTC

Help me please,

Dear
I have installed apache-tomcat-4.1.36 along with jdk1.6.0 on my computer, as
per installation instructions I configured the variable paths on my Windows
XP.

I get an error message after I run "startup.bat" file in the \bin directory
the error says "The system cannot find the file -
Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false"

What does this error mean and how can I over come this problem? Please help
me, looking forward to your reply.
Regards
hamid

Re: Help me please,

Posted by Hamid Rahman Mohmand <ra...@gmail.com>.
Dear Gregor,
Thanks for the guess, but it still doesn't work.
I have a peace of code in java that got some bugs, in the documentation it
was said the code was originally tested on tomcat version 4, so i wana see
if I have the wrong code or somethign else not working. so, I just want to
make sure my code is working with version 4 and then I can look for the
probable causes and some how resolve it.
regards
hamid

Re: Help me please,

Re: Help me please,

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
The startup.bat is trying to run "-Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false" instead
of java. You probably badly configured an environnement variable.
The command to run java is builded partly in classpath.bat on tomcat 5
(probably same in tomcat4). Maybe you just have forgotten to properly
define "CATALINA_HOME" environment variable.

En l'instant précis du 12/11/07 06:38, Hamid Rahman Mohmand s'exprimait
en ces termes:

http://www.devlog.be (a belgian developer's logs)