Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Mathias Laguérie <ml...@softeam.fr> on 2001/03/14 10:36:53 UTC

Re: Serialize

I have been using Apache SOAP for few days, so I'm not sure that my answer
will be interesting.
I had the similary problem with deserializer and serializer.
I resolved this problem when I did this step.
In deployementDescriptor file, you must put a map tag as follow :
<isd:mappings>
    <isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
             xmlns:x="urn:xml-soap-address-demo" qname="x:objtest"
             javaType="samples.clientserver.ObjTest"

java2XMLClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"

xml2JavaClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"/>
  </isd:mappings>
when you do that, you tell to the SOAP Server what class it can use to
serialize the object samples.clientserver.ObjTest. (you must change
samples.clientserver.ObjTest by your image class name)
After that, your client must have means to deserialize your ObjTest. to do
that you can write in your client this lines :
  String encodingStyleURI = "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
  URL url     = new URL("http://omo:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter");
  SOAPMappingRegistry smr = new SOAPMappingRegistry();
  BeanSerializer beanSer  = new BeanSerializer();

  smr.mapTypes(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC,
                 new QName("urn:xml-soap-address-demo", "objtest"),
                 ObjTest.class, beanSer, beanSer);

  Call call = new Call();
  call.setSOAPMappingRegistry(smr);
  call.setTargetObjectURI("urn:ClientServer");
  call.setMethodName("getObjTest");
  call.setEncodingStyleURI(encodingStyleURI);

  Response resp;
  try
   {
   resp = call.invoke(url, "");
   }
  catch (SOAPException e)
   {
   System.err.println("Caught SOAPException (" +
    e.getFaultCode() + "): " +
    e.getMessage());
    return;
   }