Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de> on 2022/07/28 17:31:19 UTC

[REQUEST] Directory name fot the user data in Windows versions

Hi,

does someone has a documentation source where to find the user
directories listed for all Windows versions - let's say since Windows XP?

Thanks

Marcus

Re: [REQUEST] Directory name for the user data in Windows versions

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 19:31 28/07/2022 +0200, Marcus Noname wrote:
>does someone has a documentation source where to find the user
>directories listed for all Windows versions - let's say since Windows XP?

I was going to suggest earlier (when you were discussing telling
users how to find their profiles) that, if you are using this to talk
to users, then the environment variable %APPDATA% is (I think) all
you need. This has the advantage of avoiding two problems: part of
the path to this is through a folder hidden by default, and some
users may not be aware of their own Windows user name.

Brian Barker

Re: [REQUEST] Directory name for the user data in Windows versions

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 13:51 30/07/2022 +0200, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>Portfolio is at %APPDATA%\ROAMING\OpenOffice\4

Actually, no - as the Roaming folder is included in the expansion of
the environment variable %APPDATA% in versions of Windows that have
it. So you mustn't include "Roaming" here.

Brian Barker

Re: [REQUEST] Directory name for the user data in Windows versions

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.