Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@adobe.com> on 2012/07/25 12:33:47 UTC

Release notes without dates

Hi everyone,

I just noted that the release notes (e.g. [0]) and download page [1] do not contain the dates of the releases. I think that would be a useful metadata.

[0] http://www.apache.org/dist/jackrabbit/2.4.2/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html

Cheers,
Alex

AW: Release notes without dates

Posted by KÖLL Claus <C....@TIROL.GV.AT>.
>Yes, or just upload the file yourself. See
>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/site/trunk/content/dtd/.

ok i commited it to the site ..

greets
claus

Re: Release notes without dates

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 12:54 PM, KÖLL Claus <C....@tirol.gv.at> wrote:
> Not the same topic but i also found that we do not have the dtd files of 2.4.0 release
> on http://jackrabbit.apache.org/dtd/. In that release a new dtd file was introduced ...

Good point, we should upload the DTD.

> should I open a jira issue ?

Yes, or just upload the file yourself. See
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/site/trunk/content/dtd/.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

AW: Release notes without dates

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@adobe.com>.
On 25.07.2012, at 13:25, Jukka Zitting <Ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But adding release dates to the downloads page would certainly be a
> good idea.

Ok, I just did so. See [1], not sure when the site [2] will be updated.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JCR/Downloads
[2] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html

Cheers,
Alex

Re: Release notes without dates

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 12:33 PM, Alexander Klimetschek
<ak...@adobe.com> wrote:
> I just noted that the release notes (e.g. [0]) and download page [1] do not contain
> the dates of the releases. I think that would be a useful metadata.

The release notes are prepared already before the release candidate is
cut, and modifying them afterwards would be a bit tricky.

But adding release dates to the downloads page would certainly be a
good idea. So far we've only had them on the front page as a part of
the news feed.

BR,

Jukka Zitting