Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by gm...@cox.net on 2005/04/09 20:00:56 UTC

Changing from BASIC authentication to FORM-based

I have Tomcat 5.5.4 running on WindowsXP with BASIC authentication working via the Memory Realm and it works fine.
I want to change to FORM-based authentication.  I've 'BASIC' to 'FORM' in web.xml and have a logon.html page with a form action="j_security_check" (but it gives a HTTP 408 timeout error immediately... any ideas?
Are there any online tutorials to help configure this?

Thanks