Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Paul G. Weiss" <PG...@arity.com> on 2000/04/10 12:56:48 UTC

Deprecated warnings in Apache::DBI

In my startup.pl I have

BEGIN
{
    no warnings qw(deprecated);
    use Apache::DBI;
}

yet when starting the server I always see

defined(@array) is deprecated at
/usrl1/home/pweiss/perl-56/lib/site_perl/5.6.0/Apache/DBI.pm line 135.
        (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)

Shouldn't 'no warnings' suppress this?

-P

Re: Deprecated warnings in Apache::DBI

Posted by Ken Williams <ke...@forum.swarthmore.edu>.
I don't have 5.6 to test this, but isn't the warnings pragma lexical and
not dynamic now?  Which means it's doing the right thing.

Also, it's probably right - shouldn't Apache::DBI be changed?

Perhaps doing "local $^W;" instead of "no warnings qw(deprecated);" will
be a bandaid for you.

PGWeiss@arity.com (Paul G. Weiss) wrote:
>In my startup.pl I have
>
>BEGIN
>{
>    no warnings qw(deprecated);
>    use Apache::DBI;
>}
>
>yet when starting the server I always see
>
>defined(@array) is deprecated at
>/usrl1/home/pweiss/perl-56/lib/site_perl/5.6.0/Apache/DBI.pm line 135.
>        (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
>

>Shouldn't 'no warnings' suppress this?
>
>-P

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  ken@forum.swarthmore.edu                            The Math Forum