Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Graeme J Sweeney <ib...@gjsweeney.com> on 2005/08/24 17:23:10 UTC

[REPOST] sqlMap + multiple deletes: getting the total number of rows deleted

[Looks like my first post got lost when the list went down :-/]

Hi,

I'm a newbie to iBatis and as part of some unit-testing I need to confirm
that the correct number of rows are deleted when removing some records.

If do

<delete id="deleteXY">
delete from X where id=#value#;
delete from Y where id=#value#;
</delete>

I get the number of rows deleted from Y only.

If I split the delete into two separate entries:

<delete id="deleteX">
delete from X where id=#value#;
</delete>

<delete id="deleteY">
delete from Y where id=#value#;
</delete>

and call them both, I get the expected number of rows deleted when I add them.

Is there a way to have only one call to <delete/> and get the total
number of rows deleted ?

TIA.

--
Graeme -