Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2006/12/14 20:53:41 UTC

Pdf output poorly formated (was RE: Bookmarklets: ...)

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 13:10 -0500, Paterline, David L. wrote:
> Hello -

Hi David,

I changed the subject to be more topic focused.

> I'm having trouble with the PDF files generated by Forrest 0.7.
>
> The PDF files generated for my site are very poorly formatted, without
> margins on either side of the pages. Therefore, all the content stretches
> from the left physical edge of the page to the right physical edge.

Can you open an issue on our issue tracker and add an example of the pdf
outcome.

> Also, within a table where table entries have links, the link text is
> printed within parentheses along with the displayed text.
>
> As far as I know, I have not made any conscious modifications to the way
> PDFs are generated, other than to turn the generation on.

We need to debug it, attach apart from above pdf as well the *.fo file.
You get it like requesting instead of
http://localhost:8888/index.pdf
http://localhost:8888/index.fo

> Has anyone else seen problems like this?

not really.

>  Can someone point me to
> documentation which may help me correct this? Where is the formatting and
> appearance of PDFs controlled?

http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/your-project.html#skinconf.xml

scroll till you see
<!-- Settings specific to PDF output.  -->

> Thank you.

you are welcome.

salu2

--