Posted to users@hudi.apache.org by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> on 2021/12/16 15:20:08 UTC

PSA, PR merges slowed down due to flaky CI

Hi all,

We have been fighting some flakiness in the CI. I think we were able to
resolve the IT tests continuously failing in Azure due to memory issues.
There is some residual issues still.

We would like to take sometime to resolve these before we push on with the
PR backlog we have. Appreciate your patience.

Folks, working on this - if you could keep this thread updated for
everyone, that will be great!

Thanks
Vinoth

Re: PSA, PR merges slowed down due to flaky CI

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
Hey folks,
    We chased down the flakiness and have fixed them. CI is green now.
Please rebase with latest master if you have any pending patches.
thanks for the patience.

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 10:37 AM Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is the update:
> Overall we have 3 flaky tests.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-3053
>
> I am looking into one of them 3043, have couple of fixes, but still not
> out of the woods. Will be spending more time to get to the bottom. But if
> anyone has cycles, would appreciate if you can check the other two
> failures. If anyone is going to triage any of these, please post it here so
> that others are aware.
>

> On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 11:45 AM Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am looking into the Deltastreamer continuous mode multiwriter test
>> failure. Will update the thread once I have some tangible progress.
>>

>> On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 7:20 AM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We have been fighting some flakiness in the CI. I think we were able to
>>> resolve the IT tests continuously failing in Azure due to memory issues.
>>> There is some residual issues still.
>>>
>>> We would like to take sometime to resolve these before we push on with
>>> the
>>> PR backlog we have. Appreciate your patience.
>>>
>>> Folks, working on this - if you could keep this thread updated for
>>> everyone, that will be great!
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Vinoth
>>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> -Sivabalan
>>

> --
> Regards,
> -Sivabalan

-Sivabalan

Re: PSA, PR merges slowed down due to flaky CI

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
Hey folks,
    We chased down the flakiness and have fixed them. CI is green now.
Please rebase with latest master if you have any pending patches.
thanks for the patience.

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 10:37 AM Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is the update:
> Overall we have 3 flaky tests.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-3053
>
> I am looking into one of them 3043, have couple of fixes, but still not
> out of the woods. Will be spending more time to get to the bottom. But if
> anyone has cycles, would appreciate if you can check the other two
> failures. If anyone is going to triage any of these, please post it here so
> that others are aware.
>

> On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 11:45 AM Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am looking into the Deltastreamer continuous mode multiwriter test
>> failure. Will update the thread once I have some tangible progress.
>>

>> On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 7:20 AM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We have been fighting some flakiness in the CI. I think we were able to
>>> resolve the IT tests continuously failing in Azure due to memory issues.
>>> There is some residual issues still.
>>>
>>> We would like to take sometime to resolve these before we push on with
>>> the
>>> PR backlog we have. Appreciate your patience.
>>>
>>> Folks, working on this - if you could keep this thread updated for
>>> everyone, that will be great!
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Vinoth
>>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> -Sivabalan
>>

> --
> Regards,
> -Sivabalan

-Sivabalan

Re: PSA, PR merges slowed down due to flaky CI

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
Here is the update:
Overall we have 3 flaky tests.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-3053

I am looking into one of them 3043, have couple of fixes, but still not out
of the woods. Will be spending more time to get to the bottom. But if
anyone has cycles, would appreciate if you can check the other two
failures. If anyone is going to triage any of these, please post it here so
that others are aware.

On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 11:45 AM Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking into the Deltastreamer continuous mode multiwriter test
> failure. Will update the thread once I have some tangible progress.
>

> On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 7:20 AM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We have been fighting some flakiness in the CI. I think we were able to
>> resolve the IT tests continuously failing in Azure due to memory issues.
>> There is some residual issues still.
>>
>> We would like to take sometime to resolve these before we push on with the
>> PR backlog we have. Appreciate your patience.
>>
>> Folks, working on this - if you could keep this thread updated for
>> everyone, that will be great!
>>
>> Thanks
>> Vinoth
>>

> --
> Regards,
> -Sivabalan

-Sivabalan

Re: PSA, PR merges slowed down due to flaky CI

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
Here is the update:
Overall we have 3 flaky tests.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-3053

I am looking into one of them 3043, have couple of fixes, but still not out
of the woods. Will be spending more time to get to the bottom. But if
anyone has cycles, would appreciate if you can check the other two
failures. If anyone is going to triage any of these, please post it here so
that others are aware.

On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 11:45 AM Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking into the Deltastreamer continuous mode multiwriter test
> failure. Will update the thread once I have some tangible progress.
>

> On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 7:20 AM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We have been fighting some flakiness in the CI. I think we were able to
>> resolve the IT tests continuously failing in Azure due to memory issues.
>> There is some residual issues still.
>>
>> We would like to take sometime to resolve these before we push on with the
>> PR backlog we have. Appreciate your patience.
>>
>> Folks, working on this - if you could keep this thread updated for
>> everyone, that will be great!
>>
>> Thanks
>> Vinoth
>>

> --
> Regards,
> -Sivabalan

-Sivabalan

Re: PSA, PR merges slowed down due to flaky CI

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
I am looking into the Deltastreamer continuous mode multiwriter test
failure. Will update the thread once I have some tangible progress.

On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 7:20 AM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We have been fighting some flakiness in the CI. I think we were able to
> resolve the IT tests continuously failing in Azure due to memory issues.
> There is some residual issues still.
>
> We would like to take sometime to resolve these before we push on with the
> PR backlog we have. Appreciate your patience.
>
> Folks, working on this - if you could keep this thread updated for
> everyone, that will be great!
>
> Thanks
> Vinoth

-Sivabalan

Re: PSA, PR merges slowed down due to flaky CI

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
I am looking into the Deltastreamer continuous mode multiwriter test
failure. Will update the thread once I have some tangible progress.

On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 7:20 AM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We have been fighting some flakiness in the CI. I think we were able to
> resolve the IT tests continuously failing in Azure due to memory issues.
> There is some residual issues still.
>
> We would like to take sometime to resolve these before we push on with the
> PR backlog we have. Appreciate your patience.
>
> Folks, working on this - if you could keep this thread updated for
> everyone, that will be great!
>
> Thanks
> Vinoth

-Sivabalan