Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by mutex <mu...@redsheriff.com> on 2002/09/04 18:40:13 UTC

Fwd: Setting up JBuilder to debug turbine applications

Hello folks,

I'm not sure if anyone out there has had success debugging turbine screens
from within JBuilder.

Running tomcat inside Jbuilder causes turbine to complain that my *.vm files
are not found, ie.
"Horrible Exception: java.lang.Exception: Screen template 'HelloWorld.vm' not
found".

If I start tomcat 4.0.4 oustide Jbuilder everything works ok and screens
appear as expected.

I have setup a project with tomcat library files as well as my own torque
 peer and turbine screen
sources to enable debugging of a particular screen ie. HelloWorld.java

I start tomcat 4.0.4 via Jbuilder run parameters:

Main class
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap

VM parameters
-Dcatalina.base=/var/tomcat4 -Dcatalina.home=/var/tomcat4
-Djava.io.tmpdir=/var/tomcat4/temp

Application parameters
start

Tomcat starts fine, accept when I goto my turbine url through Mozilla:
ie.http://localhost:8080/bint/servlet/Turbine/template/HelloWorld.vm
I receive the screen template not found.

I have played around with Jbuilder Paths tab to change the working directory,
but this has no affect.

My web.xml in WEB-INF is pretty basic just setting Turbine to be the servlet

web-app>
        <servlet>
                <servlet-name>
                        Turbine
                </servlet-name>
                <servlet-class>
                        org.apache.turbine.Turbine
                </servlet-class>
                <init-param>
                        <param-name>properties</param-name>
                        <!-- This is relative to the docBase -->
                        <param-value>
                                /WEB-INF/conf/TurbineResources.properties
                        </param-value>
                </init-param>
        </servlet>
        <security-constraint>
                <web-resource-collection>
                        <web-resource-name>templates</web-resource-name>
                        <url-pattern>/templates/*</url-pattern>
                </web-resource-collection>
                <web-resource-collection>
                        <web-resource-name>logs</web-resource-name>
                        <url-pattern>/logs/*</url-pattern>
                </web-resource-collection>
        </security-constraint>
</web-app>

Does anyone know how to get around this pathing problem?

Regards,
Mark.