Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Yuvraj Manral <ym...@thapar.edu> on 2020/05/15 17:30:29 UTC

regarding Google Season of Docs

Respected sir/mam,

I came around the projects proposed by Apache Flink for Season of Docs 2020.
I am a newbie to organisation but really liked the ideas of projects and
would love to start contributing and prepare my proposal for Season of Docs.

Please guide me through. Where should I start and then proceed ?
Thanking you in anticipation

Yuvraj Manral <https://github.com/yuvrajmanral>
RSVP

Re: regarding Google Season of Docs

Posted by Marta Paes Moreira <ma...@ververica.com>.
Hi, Yuvraj!

Thanks for your interest in contributing to Flink during Google Season of
Docs!

You can start by reading FLIP-60 [1] and thinking about what areas of the
documentation you'd like to focus on. There is a lot of work to be done, so
there is some flexibility for you to choose topics that are in line with
your knowledge or interests. If after that you're still unsure, I can also
suggest some areas of the Table API / SQL docs that could be a good fit for
newcomers to the project.

Then, you can submit your application once the application phase opens
(June 9th) [2].

Let me know if this is what you were looking for!

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=127405685
[2]
https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/tech-writer-application-hints