Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Michael Newton <mi...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/07 23:02:59 UTC

ojb memory question

I am experiementing with using OJB in an app that has a large dataset,
and will need to cache the whole dataset.

I am trying to assess the storage requirements of the cache, so I have
a basic question about OJB's internals:

Say I have objects Product and Attribute. Products have foreign keys
to Attributes.

If many Products refer to the same Attribute in the database, and I
let OJB cache Products (with Attributes in them), is OJB smart enough
to create and cache just one instance of the Attribute, or will it
create an instance of that Attribute for every Product?

M.