Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by gbarbosa <gb...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/05 00:01:38 UTC

Question about resolution of binding events

Hi Royale,

Do we have any tools in royale that we can use to ensure a block of code
runs before any binding events that have been fired in said block of code,
are resolved after our block of codes runs?

A visual example

blockOfCode() {
     foo()
    //how can I ensure code below here to run before binding's resolve?
}

foo(){
//fires off some binding events
}

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
-Gabriel Barbosa

--
Sent from: http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/

RE: Question about resolution of binding events

Posted by Maria Jose Esteve <mj...@iest.com>.
Hi,
I think I can help you but I'm not understanding you well?
You mean executing a "code X/block of code" between assigning a value to "a bound variable" and "before the dispatcher VALUECHANGE occurs?

If this is what you mean, what I do is "manually dispatch the event in the property setter".
Tell me if I'm understanding you correctly and if so I'll give you some more detailed example.

Hiedra