Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "chou.fan" <ch...@ximalaya.com> on 2018/03/27 11:07:03 UTC

Upgrade choice between 0.11.0 and 1.0.1

Hi, we are planning to upgrade our kafka cluster to benefit from the new feature of transactional processing. There are two alternatives: 0.11.0 and 1.0.1 so far.

Maybe I didn’t look into the new changes so deeply but I notice that 1.0 haven't add some new features makes it so distinguishable from old versions (like streams in 0.10 and transaction event in 0.11). So it makes me wander is there any upgrade version plan like 0.12 that continue with 0.

Could anyone give me some advices about the upgrade version choice. Should I stick with 0.11 version or just upgrade to 1.x version?

Plus, I notice that on github there is no 0.12 version yet, so I suppose 1.0.1 is a better choice?

Re: Upgrade choice between 0.11.0 and 1.0.1

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
1.0.1 is the best choice right now. 1.1.0 is going to be out this week
though.

Ismael

Posted by Jim Langston <jl...@resolutebi.com>.
After reading the blog from Neha

https://www.confluent.io/blog/apache-kafka-goes-1-0/

I moved to the 1.0 platform in production ..

Jim