Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Doug Leeper <do...@yahoo.com> on 2007/09/11 00:04:32 UTC

HTTPS/SSL question

I am converting an existing JSP/BEA PageFlow to Wicket which I am learning a
lot from this exercise.  Some page flows need to be secure, aka via https.
and when complete, the application flow needs to go back to http.

What is the best method to tackle this?
Is this trivial?
Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
- Doug

Re: HTTPS/SSL question

Posted by Doug Leeper <do...@yahoo.com>.
I found  http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/how-to-switch-to-ssl-mode.html How To
Switch To SSL mode  in the WIKI.  It appears that this may be the answer
that I was looking for and handles a majority of the use cases. However,
when I have a public page (http) that has a form that needs its data
encrypted, e.g. a login portlet, how would one ensure that the form is
submitted via https?

Re: HTTPS/SSL question

Posted by Doug Leeper <do...@yahoo.com>.
The behavior I was looking for would be something like the following:

Of course this is generalized and not complete...just trying to get the idea
across

- Link.setSecure( boolean )
- Form.setSecure( boolean )

When the Link/Form is "secure", the generated URL would have https not http.
Default would be false to keep current behavior.