Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <pm...@apache.org> on 2016/01/13 22:48:18 UTC

Requirement in terms of Metrics : Latency

Hello,

We have a requirement in JMeter to compute latency in the most accurate way:

   - latency being  the time between the start of the request send and the
   first byte receival.

Currently it appears there is an interface called:

   - org.apache.http.HttpConnectionMetrics

implemented by :

   - org.apache.http.impl.HttpConnectionMetricsImpl

It would be nice to enhance to compute this latency within
HTTPCore/HTTPClient.

Or maybe this already exists.

I looked at some other way with HttpRequestInterceptor /
HttpResponseInterceptor , but I don't think it's the correct place.

Thanks

Regards

Philippe M.

@philmdot

Re: Requirement in terms of Metrics : Latency

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Oleg

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Requirement in terms of Metrics : Latency

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello Oleg,

wrote:

> On Sun, 2016-01-17 at 13:32 -0800, Gary Gregory wrote:
> > I'll let Oleg opine on the right way...
> >
> > Gary
> > On Jan 17, 2016 1:28 PM, "Philippe Mouawad" <ph...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Gary,
> > > First I just wanted some confirmation that it's the right way.
> > > Then I will see if I can provide a patch.
> > >
> > > Regards

> patch on

> pmouawad@apache.org

> > > pmouawad@apache.org

> > > accurate

> send
> > > and

> What you probably want is to capture the time spent in
> HttpRequestExecutor#execute.
>

> http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core-4.4.x/httpcore/xref/org/apache/http/protocol/HttpRequestExecutor.html#114
>
> You can do so by extending the class and decorating the #execute method.
>
> Oleg

Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Requirement in terms of Metrics : Latency

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gary,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Requirement in terms of Metrics : Latency

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gary,

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Philippe,