Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu> on 2009/11/13 00:59:05 UTC

Site Update for Maven 3.0-alpha-3

Hi,

I noticed that we didn't mention previous alphas of 3.0 on the Maven
site. How do we want to go about that with alpha-3?

To attract more testers, I think we should have this alpha listed in the
download section. E.g. some structure like

* Stable Releases
   2.2.1
   2.1.0
   2.0.10
* Alpha/Beta Releases
   3.0-alpha-3
* Previous Releases

WDYT?

Benjamin

Re: Site Update for Maven 3.0-alpha-3

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
The stable versions are 2.0.10 and 2.2.1, 2.1.0 is not considered stable.

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 16/11/2009, at 11:38 PM, Arnaud HERITIER wrote:

> Can't we keep 2.0.10 only in archives ?
> I don't think it is necessary to do some advertisement for it.
> Latest stable is 2.2.1 and latest Alpha/Beta is 3.0-alpha-3

There are apparently some who haven't upgraded to 2.2.x, either due to a build incompat. or being stuck on JDK 1.4.

- Brett

Re: Site Update for Maven 3.0-alpha-3

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Can't we keep 2.0.10 only in archives ?
I don't think it is necessary to do some advertisement for it.
Latest stable is 2.2.1 and latest Alpha/Beta is 3.0-alpha-3

Arnaud Héritier
Software Factory Manager
eXo platform - http://www.exoplatform.com
---
http://www.aheritier.net

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Ok, I've merged this over. I haven't deployed the site - I assume Benjamin will be doing so shortly after adding the 3.0-alpha-4 release notes. The aggregated release notes for 3.0-alpha-3+ is there too.

Let me know whether there is anything else I can do to help.

Cheers,
Brett

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
Can't hurt. I have no problem promoting alpha-3. It's the best Maven
that's existed. I say go for it.

On 2009-11-13, at 12:59 AM, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that we didn't mention previous alphas of 3.0 on the Maven
> site. How do we want to go about that with alpha-3?
>
> To attract more testers, I think we should have this alpha listed in
> the download section. E.g. some structure like
>
> * Stable Releases
>  2.2.1
>  2.1.0
>  2.0.10