Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexander Hartner <al...@bluescontrol.co.za> on 2002/06/04 22:20:40 UTC

Tomcat 4.0.3 Apache 1.3.x and Mod_WebApp on MacOSX

I am having such problems running tomcat 4.0.3 on my ibook. I can get
tomcat started, and I can access it via port 8080. I can also deploy my
war files by copying them to the webapps directory, but updates are not
reflected until I have restarted Tomcat. I found some advise to add
unpackWAR=false in my server.xml file which now allows my to reload my
application via the manager app (great), but now the mod_web_app
complains that is cannot deploy my application. In the apache_log file
in tomcat's log directory the error reported indicates that it cannot
find the directory of my webapp, which no longer exist since the war
file does not get extracted.

Before I added the unpackWAR=false I had to restart tomcat all the time,
which resulted in a whole list of problems by itself. I keep on getting
the error that my web app is not deployed, even though that my
application is deployed and accessible directly via port 8080.

I also tried to build the latest mod_web_app.so, which I succeeded
doing, but it did not work either. I then got error :
2002-05-19 23:26:29 WarpEngine[Apache]: Mapping request
2002-05-19 23:26:29 WarpHost[butterfly]: Mapping request for Host
2002-05-19 23:26:30 [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection]
Exception on socket
java.io.IOException: Premature packet header end
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.recv(WarpConnection.java:
237)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpRequestHandler.handle
(WarpRequestHandler.java:112)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.run(WarpConnection.java:
194)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:496)

in apache_log.2002-05-19.txt and error :

[Sun May 19 23:26:30 2002] [notice] child pid 23875 exit signal Bus
error (10)

in /private/var/log/httpd/error_log.

Is anybody else having these problem, or is anybody else even using
tomcat on macosx ?

Thanks
Alex