Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Bullotta, Rick" <ri...@sap.com> on 2006/11/26 05:49:49 UTC

Serious issue/challenge with Xerces-J the XSLoader's loadInputList method...

Hello, all.

Here's a quick summary - the WSDL below contains two schema elements.  I
want to create an XSModel that represents this WSDL, and the only way I
can see to do so is by extracting the schema elements separately,
turning them into LSInputs, and using the loadInputList method on the
XSLoader class.  Unfortunately, it does not work - there is always an
error attempting to resolve the n0:YYY type when it attempts to create
the XSModel.

If I separate the first schema element into its own file, and import it,
it works fine. However, it should work fine in the same file as well!
:-(

I suspect it has something to do with the fact that imports within the
same "file" (in the case of loadInputList, of course, they are separate
sources), would not have a schemaLocation attribute on the import, but
only a namespace attribute (as below).  I am at a loss to determine how
to handle this with Xerces.

In this case, I would expect Xerces to simply see if a model or grammar
has already been loaded for that namespace.  I tried as hard as I could
to trace through the source, but I was completely lost working through
the intricacies of how these things are resolved.

Help!!!

- Rick Bullotta
  SAP Labs, LLC

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions
targetNamespace="urn:sap-com:document:sap:soap:functions:mc-style"
xmlns:http="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/"
xmlns:tns="urn:sap-com:document:sap:soap:functions:mc-style"
xmlns:n1="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions">
	<wsdl:types>
		<xsd:schema attributeFormDefault="qualified"
targetNamespace="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions"
xmlns:tns="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions"
			<xsd:complexType name="YYY">
				<xsd:sequence>
					<xsd:element name="Param1"
type="xsd:string"/>
					<xsd:element name="Param2"
type="xsd:string"/>
					<xsd:element name="Param3"
type="xsd:string"/>
				</xsd:sequence>
			</xsd:complexType>
		</xsd:schema>
		<xsd:schema attributeFormDefault="qualified"
targetNamespace="urn:sap-com:document:sap:soap:functions:mc-style"
xmlns:tns="urn:sap-com:document:sap:soap:functions:mc-style"
xmlns:n0="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions"
			<xsd:import
namespace="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions"/>
			<xsd:element name="ZmsWsXmiiTest1">
				<xsd:complexType>
					<xsd:sequence>
						<xsd:element
name="Param" type="n0:YYY"/>
					</xsd:sequence>
				</xsd:complexType>
			</xsd:element>
			<xsd:element name="ZmsWsXmiiTest1Response">
				<xsd:complexType>
					<xsd:sequence/>
				</xsd:complexType>
			</xsd:element>
		</xsd:schema>
	</wsdl:types>
	<wsdl:message name="ZmsWsXmiiTest1">
		<wsdl:part name="parameters"
element="tns:ZmsWsXmiiTest1"/>
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:message name="ZmsWsXmiiTest1Response">
		<wsdl:part name="parameters"
element="tns:ZmsWsXmiiTest1Response"/>
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:portType name="zms_ws_xmii_test1">
		<wsdl:operation name="ZmsWsXmiiTest1">
			<wsdl:input message="tns:ZmsWsXmiiTest1"/>
			<wsdl:output
message="tns:ZmsWsXmiiTest1Response"/>
		</wsdl:operation>
	</wsdl:portType>
</wsdl:definitions>

Re: (POSSIBLE SOLUTION) Serious issue/challenge with Xerces-J the XSLoader's loadInputList method...

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@apache.org>.
Hi Rick,

If the schema element returned from WSDL4J is a DOM node, you should be
able to pass that directly to the XMLGrammarPreparser using a
DOMInputSource [1] and skip the serialziation step.

Thanks.

[1]
http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/javadocs/xerces2/org/apache/xerces/util/DOMInputSource.html

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@apache.org>.