Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2001/10/20 15:53:51 UTC

new committer having trouble with cvs commit

I still have not been able to do my first commit. Hopefully
someone has struck this same situation and can help - i get
more frustrated every minute.

Brian has set up my account, and i am registered in the
"avail" file. I can do ssh2 cvs.apache.org OK and have
checked my permissions and UNIX groups. Using the
following configuration i can do "checkout" and "update" OK.
The local system is Linux.

------
CVS_RSH=ssh2
CVSROOT=:ext:crossley@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvs
------

However, here is what happens when i try to commit a
test change. Before you suggest it, Carsten has already
asked Brian to check the "avail" file and all is OK.

---------
[crossley@igacer xdocs]$ cvs commit esql.xml
... i do get the log message editor, but then ...
**** Access denied: Insufficient Karma
 (crossley|xml-cocoon2/documentation/xdocs)
cvs server: Pre-commit check failed
cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!
---------

I have also successfully used the MindTerm Java SSH
client to establish an SSH tunnel. Then used CVS to do
"cvs checkout" through the SSH tunnel ... all OK, and
subsequent "cvs update" is OK. However, "cvs commit"
gives the same nasty "Insufficient Karma" problem.

help please, David