Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/31 15:18:55 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.28.0

I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.28.0 release.

I would like to highlight the following changes in this release:

- Page counting improved. We no longer store counters in the journal
simply relying on paging itself for that
- We implemented a way to sync mirror from AMQP Broker Connections

For a complete release notes:
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/release-notes-2.28.0

The git commit report:https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.28.0

Source and binary staged distributions:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.28.0

The maven repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1268

In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

The current release candidate is tagged on the git repository as 2.28.0

I will update the website after the vote has passed

[ ] +1 approve this release
[ ] -1 disapprove (and why)
[ ] +0 no opinion (I would appreciate a reason why if this is your
choice as well)

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.28.0

Posted by Domenico Francesco Bruscino <br...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

* Checked parent version in pom.xml files using `grep -LPrz --include
pom.xml "<parent>(.|\n)*<version>2.28.0<\/version>(.|\n)*<\/parent>" ./`
* Ran binary broker instance on Fedora 36 using OpenJDK 17
* Checked the web console using `Google Chrome`
* Checked producing, browsing and consuming messages from a queue using
`artemis check queue --name TEST --produce 1000 --browse 1000 --consume
1000`

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 1/31/23 10:18, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.28.0 release.
>
> I would like to highlight the following changes in this release:
>
> - Page counting improved. We no longer store counters in the journal
> simply relying on paging itself for that
> - We implemented a way to sync mirror from AMQP Broker Connections
>
> For a complete release notes:
> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/release-notes-2.28.0
>
> The git commit report:https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.28.0
>

> Source and binary staged distributions:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.28.0
>
> The maven repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1268
>
> In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
>

> The current release candidate is tagged on the git repository as 2.28.0
>
> I will update the website after the vote has passed
>
> [ ] +1 approve this release
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and why)
> [ ] +0 no opinion (I would appreciate a reason why if this is your
> choice as well)
+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Verified license files and notices in archives
* Checked source license headers using 'mvn apache-rat:check'
* Ran the broker from the binary archive and exercised the web console
* Built from source and ran the AMQP tests
* Ran the protonj2 examples against the broker instance
* Ran the proton-dotnet examples against the broker instance

--
Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.28.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.28.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 at 15:19, Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.28.0 release.
>
> I would like to highlight the following changes in this release:
>
> - Page counting improved. We no longer store counters in the journal
> simply relying on paging itself for that
> - We implemented a way to sync mirror from AMQP Broker Connections
>
> For a complete release notes:
> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/release-notes-2.28.0
>
> The git commit report:https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.28.0
>

> Source and binary staged distributions:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.28.0
>
> The maven repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1268
>
> In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
>

> The current release candidate is tagged on the git repository as 2.28.0
>
> I will update the website after the vote has passed
>
> [ ] +1 approve this release
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and why)
> [ ] +0 no opinion (I would appreciate a reason why if this is your
> choice as well)

+1

I checked things out as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
- Checked licence headers in the source archive by running:
  "mvn apache-rat:check"
- Ran the Qpid JMS 2.2.0 HelloWorld against a broker from the binary archive.
- Ran the source build and the AMQP integration tests on JDK 11 with:
  "mvn clean install -DskipTests && cd tests/integration-tests/ && mvn
-Ptests -Dtest=org.apache.activemq.artemis.tests.integration.amqp.**
test"

Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.28.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Regards
JB

Posted by Havret <h4...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

I've run the tests against ArtemisNetClient[1] 2.12.0. It's all green.

To make the testing easier, I've created a docker image[2] with the release
candidate binaries. Feel free to use it to run your tests.

Cheers,
Krzysztof

[1] https://github.com/Havret/dotnet-activemq-artemis-client/pull/429
[2] docker pull havret/dotnet-activemq-artemis-client-test-broker:2.28.0-rc1

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1, looks good to me

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1