Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by zhurlik <zh...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/14 20:41:38 UTC

Re: camel-zipfile

Hi,

Looks like you have fixed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-10791
What about second part of issue related with ZipAggregationStrategy.

Thanks a lot

Re: camel-zipfile

Posted by onders <on...@gmail.com>.
i think i missed that. i'll try to look and will do another PR.

Re: camel-zipfile

Posted by onders <on...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

As per my observations, unless zipdataformat does not get the filename of
such empty directory from the file consumer. that's there is no need any
such change in ZipAggregationStrategy.

However, with a bit of hacking on file consumer in camel-core as well and i
could have passed empty folder'sfilename to zipdataformat and zip dataformat
could process the iterator and created the empty folder on output with file
producer endpoint.(for example in my initial PR, i had a change in
camel-core GenericFileProducer which Claus did not accept. (it was
reasonable.)

To sum, no code change required. please try running
AggregationStrategyWithPreservationTest which passes already.

However, i understand what you are trying to do with the zipfile component
in case of empty directories. there may be option in component only if file
consuming and producing endpoints support handling empty directories. right
now, as far as i can see file component does not support it.

So it is another issue. I will give a try to create test case for it and
raise an issue. Let's see how we will move forward.

Cheers.