Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Richards <gr...@cyber4.org> on 2000/11/10 07:02:15 UTC

Application framework ...

I've been looking at several application frameworks over the last few days,
and was wondering what people were using?

In general I'd like to have my servlet generate XML output (perhaps using
ECS?) that is picked up by an XSLT engine (perhaps Cocoon?) for display
to the user to keep the content apart from the system. So far I've come across

	Turbine 		Quite well developed but requires a large amount of initial
			knowledge to get your head around (although that's *my*
			opinion). I understand the model, but I want to use EJB for the
			database connectivity, and Cocoon for front end processing
			which AFAIK has not been integrated fully yet (unless the
			docs haven't been updated).

	Enhydra	A full enterprise application environment. Also has the same
			problem as Turbine; large system with lots of work done
			on it. It uses a process where your HTML pages use
			Which doesn't seem as flexible as I want. (Although there
			is a good separation between business/display/database.)

	Struts		A smaller project, designed with news models in mind. Although
			not fully developed I don't know if Cocoon XML transformation
			will work with it.

Any ideas?

thanks ...

--
Kumera - a new Open Source Content Management System
for small to medium web sites written in Perl and using XML
http://www.cyber4.org/kumera/index.html

Posted by Choo Yew Beng <ye...@cnpr.nus.edu.sg>.
Hi Gurus In Jakarta Project,
I had the following question:
1.jsp
<form name="1a" action="1.jsp">
  .... .... ....
  .... .... ....
  .... .... ....
 <jsp:forward page="2.jsp" flush="true" />
</form>
2.jsp
<form name="2a" action="2.jsp">
  .... .... ....
  .... .... ....
  .... .... ....
 <jsp:forward page="3.jsp" flush="true" />
</form>
3.jsp
<form name="3a" action="3.jsp">
  .... .... ....
  .... .... ....
  .... .... ....
 <jsp:forward page="1.jsp" flush="true" />
</form>
When I tried to get back to 1.jsp, response error occur.
Writer or outputstream has been committed blah blah blah.

I tried response.getWriter().close() and response.getOutputStream().close().
I even tried out.close but none work.
Can someone please advice on the above and how to go about resolving the
problems?
Thx n look forward to a favorable reply if any?
Choo Yew Beng