Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Anshuman Srivastava <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/07 07:16:00 UTC

Help with Axis 2 client

I’ve used WSDL2Java tool client to generate client stubs for a service I want
to consume.

I have created one test client. But when I run it , I get the exception as
below. As I am new to web services, I am unable to solve it.

[INFO] OMException in getSOAPBuilder
org.apache.axiom.soap.SOAPProcessingException: First Element must contain
the local name, Envelope , but found html
	at
org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.builder.StAXSOAPModelBuilder.constructNode(StAXSOAPModelBuilder.java:219)
	at
org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.builder.StAXSOAPModelBuilder.createOMElement(StAXSOAPModelBuilder.java:177)
	at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.next(StAXOMBuilder.java:163)
	at
org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.builder.StAXSOAPModelBuilder.getSOAPEnvelope(StAXSOAPModelBuilder.java:161)
	at
org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.builder.StAXSOAPModelBuilder.<init>(StAXSOAPModelBuilder.java:110)
	at
org.apache.axis2.builder.BuilderUtil.getSOAPBuilder(BuilderUtil.java:609)
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createDocumentElement(TransportUtils.java:178)
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createSOAPMessage(TransportUtils.java:111)
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createSOAPMessage(TransportUtils.java:87)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(OutInAxisOperation.java:326)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:389)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:211)
	at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:163)
	at
com.agilent.www.schemas.quoteconfirmation.QuoteConfirmationStub.QuoteConfirmationOper(QuoteConfirmationStub.java:165)
	at
com.agilent.www.schemas.quoteconfirmation.client.TestWSClient.main(TestWSClient.java:28)
[INFO] Remaining input stream :[]
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: First Element must contain the local name,
Envelope , but found html
	at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:417)
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createSOAPMessage(TransportUtils.java:89)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(OutInAxisOperation.java:326)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:389)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:211)
	at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:163)
	at
com.agilent.www.schemas.quoteconfirmation.QuoteConfirmationStub.QuoteConfirmationOper(QuoteConfirmationStub.java:165)
	at
com.agilent.www.schemas.quoteconfirmation.client.TestWSClient.main(TestWSClient.java:28)
Caused by: org.apache.axiom.soap.SOAPProcessingException: First Element must
[...]
	... 6 more

Re: Help with Axis 2 client

Posted by Upul Godage <up...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Most probably the endpoint address which is used by the client to send the
request is sending an HTML page.  Check whether the web service exists at
the location given in the WSDL and it is not sending an HTML error page or
something.

Upul