Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hussam Alsawadi <al...@yahoo.com> on 2000/11/09 18:42:16 UTC

Several WebDAV projects???

Hi all,
There are several projects support WebDAV: Apache 1.3
+ mod_dav ,  Apache 2 , Slide + Tomcat 4 +  Avalon
2.2. It is clear that Apache 1.3 and mod_dav will
produce Apache 2. But what can we say about the rest.
Are they redundancy works?
I want to utilize one of them. Please, can an expert
advise me?

Thanks for your help.
Alsawadi

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

Re: Several WebDAV projects???

Posted by Ray Allis <ra...@boeing.com>.
Hussam Alsawadi wrote:

> Hi all,
> There are several projects support WebDAV: Apache 1.3
> + mod_dav ,  Apache 2 , Slide + Tomcat 4 +  Avalon
> 2.2. It is clear that Apache 1.3 and mod_dav will
> produce Apache 2. But what can we say about the rest.
> Are they redundancy works?
> I want to utilize one of them. Please, can an expert
> advise me?

Here's a second: I would like to offer webdav for general site
development and maintenance.  Shut down Frontpage extensions,
samba et. al. in favor of a general solution.  (What's the
emoticon for "Hopeless Idealist"? ;) )

I've run apache/mod_dav with mod_jk for tomcat/cocoon. That's
more complex than I need, I think.

I downloaded dav4j yesterday to find out what that's all about.

I'm imagining the basic development system will be tomcat
standalone with cocoon.  On Solaris. :)

Some insight would be greatly appreciated.

Ray Allis