Posted to stonehenge-dev@incubator.apache.org by Ming Jin <sk...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/19 14:10:37 UTC

Issue of different versions of OrderProcessor wsdl in wsas/.net

Hi, we're working on the interoperability among .net/jax-ws/wso2 versions of
business service(BS for abbr.) and order processor(OP for abbr.). However,
we've found the wsdl definitions of OP in different server are different!

We've got the original OP wsdl file from
wsas\order_processor\resources\msec\META-INF, and generated the client proxy
and implemented standard web services with metro(jax-ws reference
implementation). After that, we wanted to use this OP service to
interoperate with different versions.

1. we installed the WSAS, and deployed the BS/OP(sec vs no-sec) aars. but
we've found the original one is different from the definition represented by
http://localhost:9763/services/OrderProcessorMsec?wsdl. e.g there is no
operation 'SubmitOrder' in the latter wsdl, but in the former.

2. Then, we checked out the code from the branch m1, followed the
installation guide in dotnet and got the services started successfully. The
wsdl definition represented by
http://localhost:8000/tradeorderprocessor?wsdl is different from the above
ones. e.g there is no operation 'SubmitOrderTransactedQueue' in this wsdl,
but in the former two.

As above differences existed, we met exceptions when interoperating between
the BS and the OP from different versions(.net/metro/wso2), such as

when we want to use the client proxy generated from the original wsdl file
to operate the wso version OP service, we got this exception:

FaultException: Undefined operation name SubmitOrder

when we want to use the client proxy generated from the original wsdl file
to operate the .net version OP service, we got this exception:

Undefined operation name SubmitOrderTransactedQueue

Does anyone have any ideas of why this happens and which one is the right
wsdl?

-----
Ming Jin

Consultant
Thoughtworks, Inc

Re: Issue of different versions of OrderProcessor wsdl in wsas/.net

Posted by Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar <ut...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ming,

I suggest to generate code from .NET WSDL. That way, it will work with
WSO2 as well as .NET implementations.

Regards,
Shankar

--
S.Uthaiyashankar
Software Architect

RE: Issue of different versions of OrderProcessor wsdl in wsas/.net

Posted by Ben Dewey <Be...@26ny.com>.
Ming,

I don't believe that the SubmitOrderTransactedQueue is being used anymore.  There was an email[1] last month with interop issues due to the SubmitOrderOnePhase that I believe is related.  From what I remember we removed this from the WSDL.

It is correct that the .NET WSDL wouldn't have this operation because it gets dynamically generated.  As for the PHP/WSAS WSDLs, We should probably create a JIRA ticket to add/remove this operation, and ensure that everyone is using SubmitOrder.  Shankar or Chintana might be able to comment better on the PHP/WSAS WSDLs.

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-stonehenge-dev/200904.mbox/%3c84cacd920904230701i47407e90w19cb3beb731b9eb3@mail.gmail.com%3e

-Ben Dewey