Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gary Shi <Ga...@datamaxx.com> on 2005/05/04 17:38:25 UTC

Tomcat v5.0.28 has memory leaking?

Tomcat v5.0.28 has memory leaking Problem ?

My environment:

Win2000 with SP4

380M Ram

Intel(R)ieo

2.8 GHz

Tomcat v5.0.28

Axia-1-2RC3

JDBC Driver to SQL-Server2000

We have a small web services to be hosted in Tomcat .

Problem:

When we send request to web services for 10 hours non-stop, we got Java
heap out of memory.=20 Then, we set initial memory as 128M and max
memory 256M (java -Xms128m -Xmx256 ...) After 20 hours runing I got out
of memory and out of Java heap space. tomcat stop. Tomcat v5.0.28 has
memory leaking Problem ? How to handle it ?

thanks for your help

gary

Re: Tomcat v5.0.28 has memory leaking?

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <jb...@gmail.com>.
On 5/4/05, Gary Shi <Ga...@datamaxx.com> wrote:
> Tomcat v5.0.28 has memory leaking Problem ?
>
> My environment:
>
> Win2000 with SP4
>
> 380M Ram
>
> Intel(R)ieo
>
> 2.8 GHz
>
> Tomcat v5.0.28
>
> Axia-1-2RC3
>
> JDBC Driver to SQL-Server2000
>
> We have a small web services to be hosted in Tomcat .
>
> Problem:
>
> When we send request to web services for 10 hours non-stop, we got Java
> heap out of memory.=20 Then, we set initial memory as 128M and max
> memory 256M (java -Xms128m -Xmx256 ...) After 20 hours runing I got out
> of memory and out of Java heap space. tomcat stop. Tomcat v5.0.28 has
> memory leaking Problem ? How to handle it ?

Problem is more than likely with your web application and not Tomcat,
use a profiler such as jProfiler -
http://www.ej-technologies.com/products/jprofiler/overview.html to
find the leak.

Jason Bainbridge