Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Lei Rui <ne...@163.com> on 2020/01/14 02:20:11 UTC

[DISCUSS] When Release 0.10.0

Hi,

It has been almost two months since the release tag of `release/0.9.0` was created on Nov 23, 2019.

1. New changes that have taken place:
Refer to the temporary release note for `0.10.0-SNAPSHOT`, auto-generated by JIRA [1].
(about 16 bug fixes, 4 new features, 13 improvements)

2. Upcoming new changes:
As far as I know, the develop team has been working towards two directions recently:
1. the distributed version of IoTDB
2. the refactor of both physical design and query processing

Shall we withhold the release of 0.10.0 until the two upcoming changes are finished?
What do you think?

Regards,
Lei Rui

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12322720&version=12346616

Re: Re: [DISCUSS] When Release 0.10.0

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

I think four PRs should be merged before releasing 0.10.0.

- Refactoring Query Engine : https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/713
- Refactoring TsFile Metadata : https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/736
- Refactoring MManager : https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/793
- Add last query : https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/821

which bring:

- faster query
- allow different measurements have different data types while having the same name
- a new query type

Jialin Qiao
School of Software, Tsinghua University

乔嘉林